Tuesday 31 March 2015

OKAY... THIS IS A BIT EMBARRASSING - Sometimes I Hate Technology



Ciao RaGatti! Okay, I admit it... Sometimes technology and computers confuse and even scare me. You may think that just because I have learned to use a keyboard and post on this blog that I know everything about computers, but I don't... 

The last time I posted I was writing about missing my humans who had to return to Canada for some reason. I know my humans love me and would never abandon me, but we cats like our routines and when they are changed all of a sudden that can cause some stress. 

First of all, let me reassure you that I am completely fine now. Both my humans are back home. James, who was away from Casperia for over a month, finally came back last week so we are back to our usual routines, the three of us.

What caused me some anxiety and confusion while he was away is that every so often I could hear his voice but I could not see him. Richard would be talking away as if James was in the room, but I could not see James. I could only hear his voice.

James' voice came from the computer. Richard would be sitting in front of the laptop I use for my blog talking as if James was in the computer. I could hear James calling my name. "Smoke! Smoke! Smoke!" He always calls me Smoke instead of Smokey... unless he is somehow upset or annoyed with me. 

I looked up at Richard and called to him. He looked down at me and then all of a sudden picked me up and put me in his lap so I could be closer to the computer. Then I saw him. James, stuck in the computer.


He was squashed flat... and making an awful face. Was he hurt? How did he get inside there? Did Richard have something to do with it?

It was scary to think that Richard might have somehow trapped James in the computer...

Later on when James finally returned to Casperia, he explained to me a little about something called Skype. I still don't understand it completely, but I now know that James was not in the computer but that he was communicating with Richard from far away with a type of video message... What a relief! 

Yes, I am a little embarrassed, but how was I to know? Oh well... Anyway, I know about this now. Piano piano! Passo dopo passo, I am getting used to my new life in Italy and to computer technology. 

I have been thinking about what my next post will be. We are going to be busy over the next while, visiting Orvieto with our friend Candace from Vancouver. I am thinking of doing a couple of other interviews, but I think I will sleep on it... Until then, ciao for now. Vi voglio bene!


No comments:

Post a Comment